Sunday, June 20, 2010

Once again Guest Starring: Patrick Gabridge as The Blogger

We had a great rehearsal for my T play this afternoon. The actresses, Ally and Jen, were zeroed in on their roles, and Barlow Adamson, my director (who is actually co-directing with John ), seemed to completely understand these two characters I'd created. It was a pretty inspired rehearsal, actually. Intense time pressure can truly focus the mind.


We had a read through of all the plays last night, and the other plays were so funny and got great response, and of course, I had to go and write a drama, and so I felt like the guy who brings a cat to an all-dog party. I was a little concerned I hadn't managed to write what I'd intended (in terms of quality, at least. Playwrights can be so damn insecure.). But today set my mind at ease and got me very excited about this play. The evening is going to be a lot of fun to watch

The WBUR reporter was there again briefly. I wonder what she thought of the piece. This was a rare instance where we were actually chatting about the idea I had for this script, almost exactly as it was still gestating in my mind but before I'd written a word yet.

I'll miss tomorrow's rehearsal/tech, but hope to see a run through on Tuesday before the show opens on Wednesday.

No comments: